The Thomas Saf-T-Liner HDX rear-engine transit school bus is the most advanced bus of its' type on the road today. Thomas Built Buses has long been recognized in the bus industry as the clear leader in the Type D rear-engine transit category, with its' many advancements in safety, design and styling the HDX is second to none. The Thomas HDX offers premium driver's visibility and automotive like ergonomic driver's area which gives the driver a more comfortable experience that equates to a more confident and safe driving experience. A completely new design that would offer better durability, reliability, safety and styling that no other Type C bus could match Every body line, every curve, every element of the C2 was designed and engineered to improve Drivers, passengers, administrators, technicians and parents will all appreciate what the C2 brings to bus transportation. Interstate Transportation Equipment is proud to offer the Thomas HDX to our customers in South Carolina.
Key features of the Thomas Saf-T-Liner HDX:
• Seating available from 66 children/44 adults up to 84-90 children/56-60 adults.
• Efficient Mercedes-Benz or Cummins diesel engines in a variety of horsepower.
• Exterior underbody "pass-through" luggage compartment for maximum storage.
• Largest windshield in its' class for maximum visibility and safety.
• One-piece continuous steel roof bows which extend below the floor-line for best safety
• Exterior side panels that extend to centerline of axles for safety, more stylish look.
• Ergonomically designed driver's instrument panel/dash with easy to read gauges.
• Standard tilt/telescoping steering wheel, optional adjustable accelerator/brake pedal.
• Proven design and durability for lower life cycle and maintenance costs.
• Front and rear air suspension available for improved ride quality.
• Electrical system with proven PC board technology.
• Special needs options available with wheelchair lift, wheelchair tie-down systems.
Thomas Saf-T-Liner HDX Plant Facts:
Body and chassis produced in High Point, NC at Thomas Built Buses.
• Over 500,000 sq.ft. of manufacturing space
• $ 10,000,000.00 renovation in 2007/2008
• New State-of-the-Art paint application system being completed
The Thomas Saf-T-Liner HDX has been the most popular model with schools, churches, transit authorities, student transportation, among many other users that need to move large groups with the best bus available. For additional information on specifications and models available, please contact Interstate Transportation Equipment.
Thomas Built Buses also offers a Saf-T-Liner MVP-EF front engine transit bus. Please contact Interstate Transportation Equipment for specifications and models available.
Download the Thomas Saf-T-Liner HDX product brochure.